Thursday, November 4, 2010

Foodie

Last week, or maybe it was 2 weeks. Yep, I am pretty sure it was 2 weeks ago. Maybe even 3? Who knows? I can't even remember what today is these days. I sent Mazie to school w/ her girl scout uniform on on Tuesday thinking it was Wed. I just can't keep my days straight these days w/ so much running around. WHen did things get so complicated? ANyway, last week (or whenever) we went out to dinner with some friends. I mean real dinner - not fast food which I eat way too much of these days with all my running around, esp. at work. I have gained far too many lbs. since returning to the U.S. We went to Sierra Bonita and I really liked it which is saying something because everyone says I am so critical or ahem, picky. I got the idea that I would start a food blog. It's an idea. I am not sure how active it would be. I mean this week I ate at La Salsita on 47th ave and McDowell along side some gang bangers straight from LA with their tat's and shirts with monikers that mean murder. That was an experience. I also ate at Boston Market, had coffee at Burger King and Blue Fin. Does anyone really care that the coffee at Burger was AWFUL? So, maybe some day I'll go back to my blog but at this time I am too overwhelmed. I am not so sure what is so complicated. I think one is that from day to day with my job I don't know where I am supposed to be. I am at 4 high schools, my office, training, etc. I have to be an extremely organized and planned person for this job. Add to it that I have 2 kids with school and activities and I just feel like my head is spinning. WHo had this on what day? What permission slip needs to be signed? What fees need to be paid? (That's an entirely different blog but not a day goes by that my kids school doesn't inundate me with information on fundraising opportunities or ask me for money) Who needs to bring a lunch? WHo needs to get this done? What birthday card does Mazie need to mail for her girl scout troop member so she can get a petal? Blah, blah, blah. Are you sensing my anxiety? I would like a boring old regular routine. Is that too much to ask for? Last night we went to the Suns game. I should be excited to go right? WRONG! I was just overwhelmed once again. I mean I had to find something to wear. I don't normally go to sporting games so I don't have many outfits for this. Plus, my jeans don't fit anymore so I couldn't wear jeans. I'd buy new ones if I had the time. I spent my shopping time last weekend buying for my daughter which is much less depressing than having to go up a size and look in the mirror and actually spend money on that. The Suns game was fun in the end but in the beginning it felt like a chore. I just wanted to lay on the couch (you aren't the only one MOlly) and watch tv. I wanted quiet. I wanted to not have to remember 20 things to tell my husband before I forget or get interrupted by my kids. I feel so rushed lately. No down time. I am sure if I were to read through this blog I'd find another similar blog I have written. I might even find several blogs just like this one. I know it will pass.
And because this is on my mind I want to share with you that if I ever decide I want to move out of the country please gently remind me what a bad idea that is. Not that I regret my time in Canada. In fact, while I am happy to be back for many reasons, part of me is really grieving for Canada. Drew has spent countless hours trying to figure out how to pay off our Canadian Mastercard when they won't take U.S. money. Now we can't get our car registration due to the fact that we don't have sticker on our Canadian Hyundai that says the car meets US Highway Safety and EPA standards. SIgh. Luckily I have a husband who devotes 24 hours of the day to this stuff.

2 comments:

  1. A bag of books were delivered to you today ... go read one! XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. I now have a very beautiful stack on my nightstand. I am very happy to even have a nightstand. I can't remember when I actually had one! I am even happier to have the books. Thank you sooooo much! Can't wait to dig into a few of them - father Joe being the first after I finish The Help. I can't believe you passed this over!

    ReplyDelete