Saturday, May 8, 2010

Sleepover

Last night Drew was away at a conference and earlier in the week I had promised the kids a sleepover. So we all got our sleeping bags and at 6:30 laid down to watch a movie. I went with Daddy Daycare. You would be amazed at this age at how hard it is to get a boy and a girl to agree on a movie. Horses and dogs or superheros? My hip was killing me by the end and I craved for my soft bed. In between the movie I got a call from Drew about how he got his parents car towed. Remember last month when he got the $100 fire hydrant ticket? After daddy daycare we watched Sky Runner about aliens and then Rocky and Bull Winkle and after that I couldn't take it any more and went to my own bed at 10:30. Hey, 4 hours on the hard linoleum is pretty good! They stayed up to watch Superman. I said they could knowing they would be asleep as soon as I left. Drew finally did get home. Amazingly Mazie woke up and wasn't stuffy. What do you think is in her room to make her sick? Carpet? Mold? I wonder.

We spent the rest of the day being lazy. Drew ended up staying home instead of back to the conference. It was a heck of a rain storm and he didn't want to drive downtown. I was glad for that as we cleaned a bit of the house and I made breakfast for everyone. I finished another book and it was awesome - RUn by Ann Patchett thanks to Aunt DOnnas donation.

I'm feeling a bit at peace today because I think our big decision is over at least for now. I don't have to sit and ponder every second what my future will look like. Instead, I can settle in for another year here in Toronto. WHo knows what tomorrow will bring but for today that's ok. THen again, it is May. Ask me how I feel in November. I'm just looking forward to visiting California soon. I can't wait although I wonder if I'll feel sad coming back here or happy. We'll just have to see.

I'm on my way to Mandarin right now. We're going to celebrate MOther's Day and it will be our last big meal with Grandma and Grandpa before they leave next week. I plan to really pig out. Know what I am craving the most? Green beans. LOL

2 comments:

  1. Sorta wondering why no mention of excitement about visiting Arizona? ;) It should be nice and toasty by the time you get here and I know you'll LOVE that! It will be interesting to see how Mazie feels on your trip. Do you see an any evidence of mold in their bedroom, in the vent?

    I'm hoping to let you pick out your own reading material while you're here if you can take a few books back with you.

    Hope your Mother's Day is a treat. XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, I'd love to find a copy of Icy Sparks if you find it. I've read it once but I'd like to see it again. I am excited to visit Phoenix as well. Of course. I am hoping my kids learn to swim this go round.

    ReplyDelete