Friday, June 4, 2010

June Bugs

I haven't written in ages but after long days at work typing away my fingers are just too tired to do much more. Work has been incredibly busy, especially after my week off and I am still trying to catch up. The last 2 weeks have been really stressful and I am hoping next week brings a little more calm. Plus, I've either been fighting a cold or dealing with allergies because I am very run down. Or perhaps it has to do with subject above. ANyway you look at it, I am ready for beddy by 9 only after I've had an hour nap on Drew's lap while we all watched an episode of Star Trek.

Kids are good. Mazie's having a playdate with a little boy in her class this afternoon - which reminds me.... I need to remember to pick her up. She's had yet another illness for which she is on antibiotics - which reminds me.... she didn't get this afternoon's dose. See above re: playdate. Ugh!

Leo seems to be accident prone at school and has cuts and scrapes all over for which he does not tolerate well at all. I think he currently has the use of one arm and hobbles about with one leg. THis is all okay because at least he can play his DS. I just printed out a chart for him to limit/monitor his DS usage as he has become far more obsessed that either Drew or I are comfortable with. This is a good opportunity to teach him a valuable lesson on self control which hopefully in the future will pay off.

I'm sure by now, you the reader is aware that Drew passed his comps with all A's. Woo hoo! He's taking some time to prepare for a Clergy conference in Ottawa next week and then will begin thinking about Vacation Bible School which he will be directing this summer as well as the Maxwell Adventure Club that the kids are eagerly awaiting. This will begin when school gets out at the end of the month.

We are all eagerly looking forward to Wing Ding tomorrow. It's a town wide garage sale and I'll be sure to report my findings. I did this last year as well. Hopefully it won't thunderstorm as is predicted.

And one more piece of good news - we got a new A/C! A brand spanking new one. Feels great. The dreaded berries are coming in on the tree in the backyard and the little pool that I blew up has deflated leaving a flood in the yard. That's all from Lake Wobegon.

3 comments:

  1. Have missed you and the blog. As I told Drew in an unanswered sarcastic comment on skype, now that Paige is available all the time at home he never calls--we see how it is. Just when we miss all of you so much having been live in family for so long=---sigh, sigh. So do appreciate the blog and miss and love you all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you have A/C now. Maybe that will help the allergies too? Was so good to see you. We have house guests, my brother and s-i-l. I'm old. Thanks for the update. XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  3. So what's new??? Haven't heard from you in awhile and miss it. It is hot here and not much to do but fiddle around on the computer some of the day so.......

    ReplyDelete