Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Day Before The Last

I'm sitting at work trying to kill sometime before I go out to dinner. I'm meeting with all the Alumni from my first job in Canada. Believe it or not, there are about 9 of us and we've all moved on to bigger and better and kept in touch. I think its some sort of Stockholm syndrome thing going on. But hey, it's nice that they want to say farewell. We are also celebrating that the last survivor at NRCS has finally quit and one of the former members has moved on to OMOD. Unfortunately I had to say welcome and hello in the same week I am having to say goodbye.

They threw me a great party here complete with a huge Canadian flag signed by all in the office as well as a photo of all us along with a frame for my new office whereever that might be. I also got a great Canadian sweatshirt and they bought Canada garb for the wee ones as well - and Drew. I really couldn't work with a nicer group of people who I am going to miss dearly. It makes all the difference in the world. They have been so supportive through all of this. And even though it is sad to say good bye, I still feel right about this. It is scary not having health insurance or a job to pay the bills but I am trusting that it will all work out and I keep getting told that my family and friends are all there to help out as needed. I truly am blessed. I also truly am exhausted. I've been super busy at work trying to tie up all the loose ends on my 50 client caseload and then when I get home I pack, pack, pack. I never seem to feel like any progress is being made but Drew tells me that I always feel this way every time we move and I think all our stuff has always made it in the truck. Since I've been married I believe I've moved a total of 10 times. I wonder how more times I have to look forward to this. Drew and I are quite pros by this point. It still sucks though.
I'm hoping to get rid of lots and lots of stuff at our garage sale on Saturday and Drew will be off to Phoenix mid week next week. I will follow in the plane with the kids and cats just in time to register them before their first day and buy all the needed school supplies that American schools don't seem to supply for their students. This is a new experience for us and I am sure there will be many more for my kids as they enter into the US/AZ school system. They are excited for the move but bored to death these days as we ignore them for more important things like packing. They have no today to play with so tv is warping their brains. When they aren't watching tv they take out their stress on each other through fun teasing and bullying games that drive their parents up the wall. Gosh I can't wait to be settled.
I hope it all goes smoothly and I hope I can find a job where I can be happy. I look forward to seeing all my old friends and especially swimming!

6 comments:

  1. We can't wait and fingers crossed you'll get to stay for awhile :) Also, I am going school supply shopping (and I have a TON of stuff from last year I got for PENNIES!!) I can get a list from the school and get you started :) What grades are Leo and Mazie going to be in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Thanks Molls. THey are going into grades 1 and grades 3. Nancy was already up at the school to get their registration packets and the school lists. We'll be making a trip to Target when I get there. I love school supply shopping - it's school clothes shopping which I hate. Much too painful on the pocket book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too! Mary's school is charging everyone a flat fee of $12! it's awesome but I wanted to do it :( at least I have Houghton! When are you guys coming again? We can all go if you want, I still have to get Houghton's, and I'm gonna say it, Wal-mart is better for school supplies UGH! (there is a nice one by PV though)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and are they going to Simis??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lainey's already made a date to go school shopping w/ them. How cute is that?! They are going to Simis. I didn't think Houghton is there anymore? Am I right? We fly in on Thursday so we'll be there Sat. Does Houghton read Del Toro books or Cap'n underpants or is he too old for that?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nope, Houghton will be at Meadows (with Gabby) and he'll get to ride the bus. Brent & Fam now live a couple blocks away :) How cute the girls are going shopping! ...and so it begins. Houghton doesn't read Cap'n underpants but I am not sure about the Del Toro books. (not familiar to me but maybe to him?) How fun! Can't wait to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete