Thursday, August 27, 2009

Fall is in the Air

Last night I was grilling bbq chicken and I looked up to find that some leaves in the tree next door were turning red. I knew I could sense fall in the air and then when we went to the park to play some ball, I was a bit chilly. SO, in an effort to hang on to the last bit of summer I figured I should get what might be my last iced coffee of the year. I stopped at McD this morning. I haven't had a lot of opportunity for iced coffees this summer because it's been pretty rainy and cold. I only get iced coffees when its sunny and warm. I almost had to turn on the heat in the car as I sipped my coffee iced. I don't like change. Why is it a major seasonal change happens at the same time that school resumes? Having the kids return to school and our schedules turned upside down is enough change for me. Add to it that Drew will be increasing his hours at church and I've had enough. Oh wait, there's the whole new job change as well. Don't get me wrong, this is a major victory for me. For those of you who are aware, this has been a long time coming. I am happy about it but at the same time, it's another major change. Plus, I tend to worry. What if this and what if that? I've heard that chronic worrying cuts your life by 16 years. Yet another thing to worry about. I resigned on Monday and will start my new job on Sept. 9th. I've been able to work it out so that I am off for the kids first day of school! I am so happy about that. I can walk them to school and see them off and meet their teacher and then I can pick them up and hear all about it. Yeah! If you want more details about the new job, feel free to send me a message and I'll gladly spill the details.

We've got a lot to do to get ready for school - Leo needs a haircut and we have to get him a backpack and some proper fitting clothing. We'll need to get refills on epipens. We find out their new teachers next week. I remember how exciting it was to walk down and see my name on the board and find out my teacher and who was going to be in my class. It's no less exciting now that I'm a mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment