Friday, August 14, 2009

We're Back!







Ok, so we've been back since Sunday and I still haven't blogged about my trip. THere's just so much to say that the thought of writing it all down is exhausting. I still haven't recovered from all the fun. Maybe I shouldn't have stayed up so late watching "I Love You Man." I also watched that Jamie Oliver reality show about his new restaurant "Fifteen." I love Jamie and I just love the show. Before that I took the kids to watch a neighbor friend play Tball and they played at the park. It was finally a nice night out. Summer has come to Toronto - at least for a few days. Leo had his championship soccer game. They played awesome but unfortunately lost - again. HOwever it was a good fight. His last game is next Tuesday and they'll be playing for 3rd place (there's only 4 teams. LOL) I'll be bringing cupcakes since it's his birthday that day. We've planned a party for the following Saturday but unfortunately most of his friends are out of town for the last of summer and only one boy can come. Having a summer bday sucks!

Anyway, on to our trip....
It was just perfect! NO late flights or travel issues except on the way back we flew through some pretty bad weather and had a lot of turbulence. THe kids just thought they were on another roller coaster. I don't think the flight attendant was happy that Drew and I let them sit together in front of us. They were angels on the entire trip though. They were very patient and didn't beg or whine or fight. We arrived on Sunday and we went to Magic Kingdom on MOnday, Animal Kingdom on Tuesday, Epcot on Wednesday, and Hollywood Studios on Thursday. Since we had a 6 day pass I asked the kids which park they wanted to hit on Friday before we went back to Magic Kingdom one last time on Saturday and all they wanted to do was swim all day which was more than fine for me. We stayed up late watching fireworks each night and my feet and every muscle in my body was killing me from all the walking. We were all exhausted but it was a good exhausted. It was incredibly hot and humid there and we were either wet from sweat or from rain. We had a thunderstorm every day and just went with the flow. It felt good to get a bit cooled off anyway. We were able to have dinner with the princesses one night and that was a real treat for Mazie (and I secretly think Leo really enjoyed it as well esp. since Cinderella called him Prince Charming.) Mazie got a Jazmine costume so she could show off her belly. FOrtunately I bought it a few sizes too big so she could wear it for years to come and it doesn't show her belly yet. She figured that out pretty quickly. However, her size 4 Cinderella dress that we bought her for Christmas when she was 2 is now finally getting too small and I don't want that to happen to Jazmine for a long time. We rode tons of rides and saw tons of awesome shows and swam almost everyday. We got lots of sun and I enjoyed the relaxation and spending time with the kids and grandparents. The condo was exquisite! It was hard to come home to my dark basement apt. after spending time in such a large place with 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms that was bright and sunny and had a tv in each room. LOL But we're back and I've survived another week of work. Only 3 more to go before school starts. I'm starting to panic. Once school starts its always rush rush and so much to do each day. I am sure Drew thinks differently. I know he's enjoyed the summer with the kids but I also know he wants to get some work done for his doctorate. He's read a bit in the evening this week which is positive. We're still waiting for immigration so that hopefully he can get authorization to work here in Canada and get paid for it. He's been working for months but we just need that paper so we can see a paycheque. THat would be nice!

So that's the update. I'll post some pics for those of you folks who aren't on FB when I get home.

3 comments:

  1. So much fun! Glad you had a good time. BUT, the pressing question is what year was that picture taken? The black & white one of you on your Facebook thingie? Looks just like you but the hair? By the way, did your hair mold while you were in Florida?
    XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe. go to yearbookyourself.com and you too can have a fancy hairdo. You just need to add your own picture. My hair did not mold in FL and we somehow did not melt either but it sure was HOT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm so relieved about the fancy hairdo. It looks JUST LIKE you graduated from high school with ME!!! I know you're not anywhere near that old so I was totally confused. Actually, all I need to do is go through the boxes of old photos here and I'll find myself pictured with every kind of hairdo imaginable. That's how old I am. XOXOX

    ReplyDelete