Sunday, August 30, 2009

Wasaga Beach


Wasaga Beach in 2006 (Our First Father's Day in Ontario)














Wasaga beach 2009






We've been wanting to go to the beach all summer but it seems either it's raining or we are busy and we haven't had a single day free. So, yesterday even though it was raining, I decided at the last minute to just go. After all, there wouldn't be a crowd today and school starts soon, fall is approaching and we wouldn't have once gone to the beach this summer. So, we got dressed (in our pants and sweatshirts) and headed out. Paige and Jason followed along in their own car. The drive is about an hour and a half north of us. It didn't rain and actually the sun was out for most of the time although it was cloudy and windy. We had been there once before but the kids didn't remember. Mazie had her clothes off in the parking lot before we even got down to the beach. She went right into the water. I wished I had brought my suit. The water is shallow so you can go out a long way and Mazie was going out much further than I was comfortable with. The water was very warm though and I managed to get my feet wet. Mazie is through and through a california girl! She loves the beach as much as I do.
Everyone else mostly spent their time in the bar looking out at the water eating nachos and drinking beer (well, not Paige or Leo).
Oh, I almost forgot! On the way we stopped at a great little family farm and picked up some fresh corn and peach pie and played with the chickens, goats, and bunnies.
On the way home we decided to take the long way so we could soak up the green and beautiful scenery and dream about one living in the country in a cute little farm house. It was a fantastic day and just what we needed!

2 comments:

  1. Boy I'm coming to visit when you move into that cute little farm house cuz I'll just bet the beach will be down the road from it! Great pictures, including the new and improved one of you. That one of you in the fancy hairdo just wasn't right!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello from Wasaga Beach. Terrible rain today but lets hope for a sunny September and plenty of days on the beach.
    Andrew

    ReplyDelete