Friday, September 4, 2009

The President Speaks

Wow! What a news day, huh? Parents getting up in arms that our democratically elected pres wants to speak to the children. What is up? I miss home a lot but I definately don't miss this crap. I am also glad that I am not around to debate the healthcare issue which has become such a hot topic. I've heard my fair share of idiotic comments though on the debates on Facebook. I try to hold my tongue (or my fingers in this case) but sometimes I just can't. LOL

In more important news though, we found out which teachers our kids will have next year. I can't believe they wouldn't tell us until the day before school starts! Even better is that they will no longer post the class list due to "privacy laws." Now you have to go into the school and they will tell you who your teacher is. You have no idea which kids are in your class. How unfun is that?! Leo was up last night with anxiety about the new school year (the next 4 days are going to be fun!) and I was hoping that once he knew all his old buddies were going to be in his class, he would feel better. No such luck. I've heard that in another district they assign kids a number and you look them up that way. What is this world coming to? We'll all know who is in our class on Tuesday when school starts anyway. I bet next year they'll have little confessionals that you go into and they'll secretly whisper the name of your teacher in your ear. Ridiculous.

But I suppose there are more pressing battles that need to be fought in this world.
Oh, and by the way, today is my last day! I'm going out to Mucho Burrito to celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment