Sunday, March 28, 2010

God Laughs at plans

This was not at all the weekend I had envisioned or hoped for. I was excited for a nice time of fun and relaxation as I drove home Friday afternoon from work. I got home only to find my little Mazie with what I thought was a bad cold. We decided to go out for dinner (not advised when fasting - you spend a great deal of money on food that really isn't worth spending so much money on. If I go out to eat I want to fully enjoy my meal - not eat rice and potatoes and veggies). During the meal Mazie was looking bad and wanted to lay down so I left early and we went home. I was up much of the night with her. Saturday she said her throat hurt and when I looked I was astounded at the size of her tonsils and worried about how she would possible breathe. I tried to go to 2 walk in clinics but they were both closed already so I had to wait until Sunday morning to get her to the doc for what I knew would be strep throat. In case you don't remember - she had it in Dec. and Jan. I was up all night with her. SHe was crying and miserable iwth a high fever and coughing non stop. I slept (or didn't sleep) on the living room floor and watched teletoon retro all night. I finally got her to the doc this morning but she really didn't like her medicine. I tried to give it to her 4 times and each time she would vomit on me. Got some new medicine - thank God insurance covered another antibiotic on the same day! Note to self - Mazie does not do well with cherry flavoured medicine even if you put it in grape koolaid and don't tell her. She finally got a dose and it was a miracle how quickly it started to work! She seems better already. I almost took her to the ER for a 2 hour non stop cough which I thought was an asthma attack. Luckily Drew got some sleep last night so his brain wasn't altogheter fried like mine and he thought of using the vaporizer. Duh mom! ANyway, I did nothing fun this weekend and it wasn't relaxing at all and the house is a mess. I guess there's always next weekend which happens to be Easter. NO hubby for a week at least. I hope he doesn't get sick!

2 comments:

  1. Who do I complain to ... someone planned the Easter celebrations poorly. Can't take advantage of after-Easter-sale at Sees this year. How old does Mazie have to be before those tonsils removed, or maybe how bad do they have to be? I was 9 but that was in the olden days. So, sorry about your weekend. We missed you at all the weekend birthday bashes. Books are on the way to you this morning, at least they should be underway by now. If you think of it, would you keep us posted on The Baby Watch. Wish I could have helped you hold and rock this weekend. XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Donna. Easter will be the smae this year and next but maybe I'll be able to buy my own See's. We'll see.

    I am not sure about the tonsil issue. I read on the internet they take em after 5 infections a year or 3 for 2 years straight. It's probably double that here. I've never even taken her to the ped for this - it's always been a walk in clinic so no coordination of services. I hope this is the last of it this year.

    As for baby watch - had appt. today. Says any day. I think we are close but I think mom and dad have time still. We anticipate their arrival sometime tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete