Monday, March 8, 2010

Homemade Chicken Pot Pie

THe other day I was watching CHef at Home with Mazie. We love to watch cooking shows while we cuddle on the couch. Unfortunately, I was in my coma blanket and fell asleep so I only got part of the show/recipe. I really liked what I saw though and I figured I could improvise fair enough. One whole chicken (for some reason in the Kosher Aisle you can get a cut up chicken in a bag but not in the regular meat section) surely makes a lot of food. I wasn't able to make the bisquit part because I think I remember he used milk so I thought I'd try puff pastry. I've never used puff pastry before and I wasn't really sure exactly how to assemble so I tried a few methods. Below are the pics for you. This is no cooking blog though to be sure. I'll never measure up to Our Best Bites which continues to be my fav. THe food was delicious (don't ask Leo though - he said it was disgusting which is his typical response these days). We had enough for 6 of us for dinner and then I had left overs for lunch today and the 3 of us ate it again tonight. Leo had eggs.












3 comments:

  1. Yum! A gourmet cook, you are! Great job and I still think a box of puff pastry is darned intimidating. Do you think that chicken pot pie is winter food? I'm kinda thinking that it is. Maybe between now and May you'll discover a summer recipe that uses puff pastry and you can teach me how to use the stuff? By the way, Mazie and I touched on her learning to sew so she can make just what she wants ... don't you think that's a good idea? XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum Kathy You can cook at our house anytime.

    It looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That second anonymous was from your MIL I think I finally figured out how to post to this.

    ReplyDelete