Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Haagen Daaz

So someone at work today trying to be funny says "If you were born in Canada you are a Canadian and if you were born in America you are an American. What if you were born in the Virgin Islands? What are you then" I answered, "American." Am I right? I think I'm right. It's the US Virgin Islands is it not? I think I totally threw them for a loop with my response though. I suppose you have to be an expat to fully appreciate that though.

In spite of having an incredibly large caseload and I really do appreciate the people I work with. Today, not sure what the occassion was but the people who find our temp workers for us brought in ice-cream. Not just any ice-cream. When we got there we saw boxes upon boxes of ice cream bars such as nestle crunch bars and haagen daazs bars and any kind you could imagine. There were drumsticks and I don't know what else and it was all free and I was smiling. Plus, it was my last day of work before the long holiday weekend.

Tomorrow we are having a bbq with the upstairs neighbors - ribs, corn on the cob, baked beans, and not sure what for dessert yet. The store was a mad house though. They aren't open for Canada Day tomorrow so everyone was there tonight. We'll do fireworks in the night. We haven't decided where we'll go for that yet. I think we all have lots of other things on our minds lately. We have a party on Saturday for July 4th celebration at Melanies house which I am very much looking foward to. THis will be our 3rd year to do this and its always loads of fun. Maybe on the way we'll stop at the Harbourfront to see the tall ships that are coming in. I don't think we've ever done that. Looking foward to reading, reading, and reading lots this weekend. I wonder if Timmy's is open tomorrow? I hope so! What great fun to walk there w/ Drew in the am?

No comments:

Post a Comment