Tuesday, February 9, 2010

5 Days Before Valentine's Day

It's been a while since my last update so I thought since I have a moment I would take some time to provide a new update. Things are crazy busy around here and I don't often get a moment but I'm letting the dishes and laundry and dirty bathroom to sit a while longer since I've got a massive head cold. Yesterday I went to see a client and there was no close parking so I must have parked about 1/2 km away and it was about -20 windchill and I had no hat or gloves so I ran to the car. I wheezed the whole way home and had visions of passing out and crashing and wondered if I should pull over and write a note for the EMS crew to let them know I was having some sort of asthma thing. Then I thought that was a bit dramatic given that I don't even have asthma. I think thought that this is why during family Star Trek night I was invaded with a serious bout of snot and it is only getting worse.

WOrk is seriously busy. Is there no happy medium in between any more these days?! I have finally received security clearance after only 5 months and can now start my job.

Drew is very productive these days. I think we made a really fantastic decision to put Mazie in daycare. SHe is happy and loveable again and so is Drew. SHe absolutely loves daycare and he is getting so much reading done and enjoying having a routine again.

We are looking forward to the olympics starting this week - if you aren't aware they are in Canada and that means TIm Horton's has special Canadian donuts and national pride abounds.

We are also looking forward to the Daytona 500 which happens to be on Valentine's Day this year. We will celebrate with little smokies in the crockpot. THose are a very hard to find item here in Canada so we are very excited about this special occassion.

Leo recently attended 2 birthday parties and Mazie has 3 coming up. Leo was wondering why there are so many people born in the winter and I was thinking the same thing. YOu'd think people would procreate in the winter more beign that its cold and there is nothign else to do but then again, maybe people are just plain depressed. Although I am finding it difficult to live with this cold weather much longer - I am not complaining. We have had plenty of sunny days and hardly any snow at all this year. In fact, I can only remember 1 real storm and we went sledding. Other than that, nothing but cold air. I don't mind since I got brakes for the car for Christmas rather than what I asked for - a remote car starter. I am glad not to have to scrap off ice at 7 am. Oh, remember how proud I was of myself for installing the windshield wiper all by myself in the frigid wind? Did I share that story? I can't remember. ANyway, I installed it and it was a big friggin production and it didn't really work afterwards and I couldn't figure out for the life of me why the windshield was not getting cleaned all the way. Drew got an oil change this weekend and they fixed it - I had the damn thing on backwards! It took them about 20 minutes to figure out how to get it off and put it on right. It works now. Before you go laughing and making fun of me though - Drew went to daycare to pick up Mazie. SHe wasn't there because its a school day. We all do dumb things.

3 comments:

  1. It's good to catch up with you guys. Oh, I thought about you all day today. The books are all in place for the book sale and there's a SEA of fiction. I wish you were here to snatch up just what you want. And, there's another sea of stuff for kids. We had a huge donation of Civil War books that is just overwhelming and Drew would like it. XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. No more books for Drew! Do you know how many boxes we'll have to pack of books when we move?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't move the common stuff home with you. Get rid of it but keep a list and I'll help you replace it when you get here. Promise. OXOXO

    ReplyDelete