Saturday, April 18, 2009

Easter

I think we may have made it through our first Holy Week although its not over yet. Drew was at church from 7-12 on Thursday and Friday night. He got home Friday night only to have to wake again at 5 am and leave. He didn't return until 4 pm. I haven't really seen him since Tuesday night and he's only working p/t! Since it was just the kids and I today we slept in for one. Then they headed out to go garage saling with aunt Paige while I had a chance to clean the house. Then I just sat on the couch and listened to the silence. This is actually one of my favorite things to do. LOL I love it when my house is clean and its quiet. Weird huh? After they got home Leo went to a friends house to play for a few hours and Mazie and I headed out in search of ribbons and candles for church tonight. We love Michael's! We played some basketball outside on the new hoop that Jason installed and we all had a nap in preparation for tonight. I'm feeling worn out already but there's more. After dinner we dyed Easter eggs for the first time. I can't believe I didn't get a picture! I did video tape it though but I'm not sure if you can show videos on here. I'm new at this. I had forgotten just how beautiful Easter eggs are! I had so much fun. I learned a few things too. I learned that the kits are useless. After dying 24 eggs in various colors the kids were tired of dying eggs and not interested in painting, glittering, stickering, stenciling, or whatever else comes in those lame kits. Good thing they weren't interested anyway since most of it didn't work. Since it was still early and Drew had left to go back to church again, I figured I would brave it and try to do Ressurection cookies. if you haven't done it before, google it. It's pretty fun. At least it was some structured time for the kids. Too bad they were too tired by this point. They've had their baths, it's 9:30 and I'm waiting to leave at 11:00 or so to go to church. I hope nobody's hair catches on fire and I hope it doesn't rain since we are walking around outside tonight. I am glad to be Diaconysa Kathy however because I get reserved seating in the front. How cool is that?!
Now to be sure to fill the baskets and hide the eggs. I hope this can get done soon without the kids seeing since I don't anticipate being home until 1 or 2 am. Do you think the kids will sleep in tomorrow? I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment