Saturday, July 25, 2009

Shoes, Shoes and more shoes

So by now everyone (everyone except for my kids) knows that we are going to Walt Disney World next week. We plan to hit a park a day for 6 days! That's A LOT of walking so I figure we better get some good shoes. Knowing Mazie she would want to wear her pink flip flops but that just won't cut it. Oh, and for those of you who are wondering when we are telling our kids - we plan to spill the beans this week in a scavenger hunt activity sans beer bottles with messages in them - during Adventure Club. As I was saying.... I don't want to go to Payless (or paylahs as Leo calls it)or Walmart for this purchase. I want GOOD shoes. I went to The Shoe Company which has an entire floor of girls shoes. Unfortunatley there are 2 rows of toddler shoes from infant size to size 10 and girls shoes from size 13 and up. What about the size 11's and 12's?! Plus, I don't want velcro. Velcro is the worst invention ever. Since that is all that is keeping those shoes in place, what happens after the velcro runs out? You can't wear the shoes. My kids put their shoes on several times per day and that means the velcro is bound to run out before my kids outgrow the shoe. Thus, I only want tie shoes. They hardly make tie shoes at all for boys. I suppose its not in their nature to tie shoes but come on! Plus, Mazie has her criteria as well. They must have sparklys. After all, she's "never had sparkly shoes before." Ugh! We shopped around a bit. I did find one store but the average price for kids shoes was $75. Forget it. So, while Drew is at the ROM looking at Dead Sea Squirrels, we are going shoe shopping. Wish us luck!

3 comments:

  1. Goodie! Can't wait to read the report on the revealing of the trip. If only we were closer. I have drawers full of possible splarklies you could stick on shoes. Or is she talking about those things that light up when they walk? XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got the deal of a century (you can't possibly pick up on my sarcasm there). For a whopping $105 we managed to get 2 pair of shoes. That was buy one get one 1/2 off. Leo got a great pair of New Balance that match his bike and Mazie got some satisfactory pink ones. WHen we first walked in she said she didn't like them but after a few shoes I asked her again and she loved them. They don't exactly sparkle or light up like all the cheap shoes at Payless but they were pink. Now we're wearing them every day this week to ensure we don't get blisters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeap, lots of money for shoes that will be too small in a blink of an eye. But, think about how you're going to fly thru all that sightseeing without feet worries. You're a good Mom! XOXO

    ReplyDelete