Saturday, January 9, 2010

I Need A New Guitar

Drew tells me that our little Ms. Mazie is turning into a teenager before our very eyes. Apparently she had a girlfriend call her yesterday and they "chatted" for about 25 minutes. Her friend called her to let her know she could come to her party and she also read her a book (actually only a few chapters since Mazie suggested that would be better than the entire book) and Mazie played the piano for her. Sounds like Drew freaked out a bit not knowing if he should allow his 5 year old (for a few more days at least) to chat on the phone. Plus, he needed to use the phone. I told him not to worry - the days of girls chatting on the phone are most likely over. When she's a teen (and hopefully not any sooner) she'll be texting.

This morning Drew suggested to her that they take guitar lessons togehter. She was once again, singing in front of her microphone stand only this time there was no wig. She said she would like to do that but she'll need a new guitar since the one she has doesn't really sound like the songs on the radio when she plays. She'll get it eventually.
(Don't mind the incredibly cluttered apartment. We live in a basement about 600 sq. feet and have 2 kids. I try and No, I don't like it but I just try to take it one day at a time and pray for a better future)

Today was a lazy day. We got some dishes done and put away our Christmas boxes in the attic and maybe a load or 2 of laundry but not much else got done. I did manage to go the grocery store but it was about -20 out again so we didn't go out any more. I was thinking it might be fun to go to the local ski hill or perhaps ice skate or maybe even go to the indoor pool and swim like Mazie's been asking but it was just too darn cold. I did ask Leo to go to the mall with me to get Mazie's birthday present (oh and body butter for me) but he wanted nothing to do with me and shopping. He never does. I don't push it because an awful time will jsut be had by all if I do. Instead I tried to take a nap but it never happened. Seems kids need me every 6 minutes for something. I was dog tired and it was my own fault. I told Mazie that she could sleep upstairs with Kuma on Friday. She loves Kuma so much and I love her so much that I went along with the hairbrained idea. She slept great and so did the dog. Me? Not so much. Note to self: wear protective gear when sleeping with a wiggly boney 5 year old and bring your own blankets.

1 comment:

  1. Missed you yesterday at the baby shower. I was reminded of the shower for you when Leo was on the way. I'm still sputtering about not having a clue about what an apgar test was (still not sure how if that's spelled right). Anyway, good to see your Mom. And, wait 'til you see the grand gifts!

    Get that girl a new guitar! I can't see the incredible clutter? xoxox

    ReplyDelete