Saturday, January 23, 2010

The Post of All Posts

Nah, just kidding. But Nancy might appreciate this because it will certainly get rid of the before and after pics that are causing her to have nightmares. Now, becuase of this very post, she can rest easy.

I spent 3 hours at the hair salon today. To me, that's just way too much time as a hair salon. I read lots of really trashy magazines all about gossip about people I could care less about but I was forced to. I mean, I didn't have a book (which means I had absolutely nothign to read on the hour bus ride home from work the other day) so what else was I to do? I did in fact write my grocery list but still, 3 hours? I am officially now a red head. It's cool and I love it. SOrry, no pic to follow though. I couldn't believe one of the hair dressers who was in my view from my mirror. She sat looking at herself for way more time than I thought one ought to sit looking at herself in the mirror. THen she was playing with her cell phone and I would see her every so often sneak a peek at herself again. I wonder what she was thinking? Was it, "Oh how beautiful I look. I am so in love with myself, the greatest love of all?" No telling but I bet that was close. Of course, not all hair dressers are bad - just in case I've offended anyone. But, then again, this is my blog so I can say what I want. My hair dresser - Julie (whose mother happens to be Ukrainian Orthodox) offered to give me her Indigo book club card which would have saved me a butt load. I should have taken her up on it. After the 3 hours at the salon and the hour at the ice rink I decided we would take a family trip tot he book store. Leo needed some more Captain Underpants books - he's read the 4 he has like 10 times - and you know I needed a book and Drew had a gift card. I forgot that if I buy Leo books that Mazie would want some too. THe darn girl child can read now you know? SO, we all got books, except Drew who was so nice to use his gift card and it was still $35. Should of taken Julie's card after all. DId you know paper in Canada is so expensive? Maybe it's the ink though. Not really sure why but books here cost a lot. YOu probably knew that. I mean, I am sure you've bought a card and seen the price for U.S. and price for Canada and always thought to yourself, "thank god I don't live in Canada." Well, for those of us that do live in Canada, we always hope that they are just kidding when they post that price. Like, there should be some sort of discount or something. But there isn't.

So, we all have our books to read now and dinner is on its way and we're happy. I even ordered my Swiss Chalet with utensils which means I won't have to conquer the dishes until tomorrow. Good thing. I saved the groceries for tomorrow as well. Tomorrow is gonna suck if you ask me. Did I mention we leave for church at around 7:30 and get home around 4? Yeah, we're so devoted.

2 comments:

  1. I wanna see the red head, please. Why didn't we send books to you with P & J? Sorry. Have you read any of Alexander McCall Smith's other series? I mean other than the No. 1 Ladies? Mazie will soon be old enuff to do your hair for you, save a lot of money and time. Of course, if you'd have had a book with you it would have been a lovely excuse to read for three hours. XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think P and J had enough to carry this trip. Hopefully N and L can squeeze just a few in their car soon.

    I have read most all of his stuff and love it! I see a new book has come out in the series again. I never buy the hardcovers though. It's a quick read and just not worth it. I'm enjoying The Elegance of the Hedgehog so far though.

    As for Mazie doing my hair - have you seen hers?!

    ReplyDelete