Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Oops I did it again....

I forgot to bring my camera to Leo's first game. The look on his face when he put on his uniform was priceless. In my defense, I get home at 5:30 after an hour on the 401 and have 45 minutes to get the family fed and out the door to soccer. Fortunately, Drew had dinner ready and we ate some yummy spaghetti but we were still rushed. Leo is number 2 and looks stunning in his uniform. They lost 4-6 but had a great come back in the 2nd half. Leo played a lot and was extremely excited just to be in the game. He was high fiveing his teammates and had a huge smile on his face the entire time - well, except the time the kid on the other team took a ball to the face. He was genuinely concerned then.

I on the other hand am going to have to figure out a way to be more tolerant or I'm not going to have any fun. I asked God to help me with this but I did not see any fast moving miracles. There was a guy who was telling his son to not be an idiot, a guy yelling at the coach to put in the subs and the rest had random comments that really showed they had no idea how to play the game. One guy came and set his chairs directly in front of us. Nice huh? He also happened to be right on the sideline. I mean actually on it. Duh! There's more but I'll spare you the details. So, I'm not sure how to get through this season while having an enjoyable time myself. If you have any ideas please share. Oh, I may actually have to stay home anyway given Mazie's severe watery eyes the entire time. We need to find a good medication for her stat. The Claritin isn't doing squat. She did mention she wants to play soccer. It's too late for summer but maybe I can find a fall league. I'm all over that.

4 comments:

  1. How come Mazie isn't taking dance lessons? XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, how fun! I know Houghton enjoyed his...and don't worry I usually remember the camera but forget to use it!

    And as for Mazie, have you tried zyrtec? Most people respond better to it. But there is a higher risk of drowsiness (not a lot) I haven't noticed any difference with Hougton or Mary. If that doesn't work, there are a few prescription antihistamines that could work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hoping to get her to the ped and get a referral to the allergist that Leo goes to. I think Singulair might be one option. I am not sure if we have Zyrtec here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mazie is in rhythmic gymnastics right now. Her show is Sunday then she'll start drama for the summer. I think we'll do Greek dance lessons in the fall.

    ReplyDelete