Thursday, May 21, 2009

Phenom

Soccer on Tuesday night was phenomenal! Leo left saying he wanted to go back the next night and said it was fantastic. He was running around the field and you could tell he was very happy and confident and even met lots of kids on his team. Drew says this confidence happened to spill over onto the playground the next day and to top it off, he was actually pretty good at it. He is once again the littlest guy out there but had some skills. Mazie had a good time playing with another little girl and going to the playground. I enjoyed sitting on the sidelines and watching even if I had to have a blanket wrapped around me due to the wind. Unfortunately I forgot my camera but I'll bring it next week when he's all dressed in his sky blue uniform.

We are now having a warm spell. It's supposed to be 30 degrees today. Luckily the basement stays very cool and has a natural AC. Drew was even able to have a pizza picnic with Mazie outside yesterday. They weren't able to go to Lowe's to get the stuff to start building my garden to Mazie's car sickness. I am not sure if I'll even get to plant a garden this year. We never seem to have the time. This weekend is Carrasauga which is a festival of cultures in MIssissauga. Our church runs the Greek Pavilion which won first place last year. We'll be spending a great deal of time there this year due to Deacon Drew's new position. This is fine - they have the best food and dancing. Mazie was disappointed to learn that there will be no Scottland this year. She's enjoyed the Scottish dancing of her heritage for the past 2 years. There will however be Germany which Drew will be happy about because we all know how much he loves to speak German. Oh, and drink beer. I suppose they might have some of that as well. Look for lots of pictures next week.

2 comments:

  1. This is the second time I've tried to comment here today. So, this is a test. XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, that worked so look out, I'm ready to roll now! XOXO

    ReplyDelete