Monday, June 15, 2009

Happy Anniversary

Congrats go out to Aunt Donna and Uncle Mike, Dennis and Teri, and Paul and Molly for your wedding anniversary. Seems like June is the month to get married! Please let me know if you did anything special. Perhaps I can live vicariously through you. We have no plans this week and P and J will be out of town so no chance of a babysitter either. It's ok by me though.
Many of you commented on the dehumidifier. First, I have to let you know that it was a few spots of mold beginning to grow. I cleaned right away as soon as I noticed it. THat was just in case you pictured our bathroom ceiling looking like a cave or something. It's pearly white now. We do have a dehumidifier/A/C but we let the upstairs neighbors use it. It gets really hot upstairs so if they use the portable A/C instead or turning on the central A/C it saves a ton on energy and our bills. Plus, it's still very cool in our basement and we'd get frozen out if they turned on the A/C now.
We ended up doing pretty much nothing all weekend. We were just too lazy to do anything on Saturday and ended up staying home and playing games. I suppose this is better than going out and spening a lot of money. We did take a walk around the block with the dog. Mazie couldn't make it, started having a coughing fit, and Drew had to carry her home. She gets very tired out easily and coughing all night doesn't help. We've decided to keep her home from school again tomorrow and hopefully she can return on Thursday. THere is only 1 week of school remaining.
Another few items mentioned in the comments was Zyrtec which is not available here. I've checked. P and J are going to the US this weekend. I think I'll have them pick some up as well as graham crackers. We're trying to cut down on PopTarts due to the sugar content. The other thing was a pawn shop. You know, I've never seen one here? They must have them though. I'm going to check this out. Not that I want anything from one - I'm more likely to find something useful at Value Village or Once Upon a Child these days. I'm just curious to know if they exist up here.
Happy MOnday everyone. Is this going to be the week that I find a job where I don't dread waking up and going to each and every morning? I usually start out Mondays feeling pretty hopeful and I must admit that for the last few Friday's I've driven home in the traffic with tears streaming down my face for another week has gone by and nothing. It is frustration beyond belief. But for now, I've got my coffee and my morning glory and my pants are slightly loose this morning - the sun is shining.

2 comments:

  1. We went to Durants for dinner to celebrate. I got roses. I made M. a book to collect drink recipes in. We spent the evening reminiscing ... that's what you do on #39. (On #10 you should still be sharing hopes and dreams.) It's sort of fun to speculate on the "what if's" ... what if M. hadn't been layed off from Motorola 6 weeks after our wedding ... what if we'd stayed in California ... what if I'd kept on working ... on and on and on! XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Durants huh? I've never been actually. Drew says we should do something only it will include 2 wee ones in tow. I suggested Chili's that just opened up here. We do the what if's all the time. I also wonder what if we stayed in California. Mazie asked me the other day if when we move to California she can go to the YMCA camp I used to work at. LOL NO idea why she thinks we're going back. I hope she's psychic.

    We'll probably pull out our album. I know it must be somewhere.

    ReplyDelete