Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Soccer Day II

So I am not sure which is worse, sitting with the parents or coaching the kids. I made the mistake of telling the coach when he called that I had played soccer since I was 4 and that I had the experience of coachign for 8 year old girls and also a high school team in the past. I said I was willing to help out on occassion. Well, that occassion came y'day when he asked if I would help with the substitutions and talking to the kids on the sidelines about their role. Unfortunately Drew wasn't there so I had Mazie literally hanging on my shirt tails. These kids were a nightmare. They had potty mouths like you wouldn't believe and were incredibly disrespectful. I raised my voice on several occassions and they just would not respond. At one point a bunch of them decided they had to go potty. I suggested they go over to the outhouse that was available but about 5 or 6 of them went behind the tree about 10 feet away. They just dropped trou and pulled it out and went. THey literally had a pissing contest and just about pee'd all over my stuff that was sitting next to the tree. ONe kid came back and complained that another kid (MItchell) had peed all over his shirt. Indeed, the entire shirt was wet in the back. I was appalled. It's not surprising though considering who their parents are. The brat level of the kid directely correlated with the irritation level of the parent. NO scientific study needed there. It took me several hours after getting home to get my blood pressure down. I was boiling. Poor Leo said, "see mom I told you there were bad." I felt like pulling him out right then and there. I don't want that sort of influence on my child. I was kissing him all night and so proud of how well behaved he is. This is going to be an interesting summer at the soccer field.

1 comment:

  1. And, I thought Canadians were easy going ... not about soccer, hugh? Guess this is an all boy team? But did Leo have a good time last night? You probably had no time to notice? XOXO

    ReplyDelete