Saturday, June 6, 2009

I'm Moving to Cookstown

As you all know the Maxwell family loves to garage sale and so does the Raetz family. Jason is away this weekend so we decided to hold off on our beach trip until next weekend so he can join us. Paige suggested we go to Cookstown because she heard they have a thing called Wing Ding once a year and basically the entire town does a garage sale. It's about 40 minutes north of us so we mosied on over this morning. It was the best! If I had a fun job, my life would have been 100% complete (oh and a size 6 bikini body wouldn't hurt). The town is pretty typical small town quaintish with an ice cream shop, a bakery, a little coffee shop and lots of antique stores. However, there were litterally hundreds of yards sale and interspersed were a few craft booths as well. It was a dream come true. But the best part was the houses. They were so old fashioned with porches and wild flower gardens. I fell in love and I'm headed off to www.mls.ca to check out home prices. Perhaps they have a basement apt. we could rent next year. Leo got a toy soldier from a collectibles store and the owner gave Mazie a free Christmas ornament. They had a Christmas store but I refused to go in. I was after all, garage sale shopping on this day. I bet it was cute though. I'll have to remember to go back soon. Leo also got a Hot Wheels and branched out and got a motorcycle this time instead of a race car. Mazie got a book and get this - a Barbie boat! It was only $4.00! I got a bunch of homemade rhubarb and a recipe for rhubarb cake all for $1.50. I've got the cake in the oven right now. I'll let you all know how it tastes later. We had some hotdogs and pizza and icecream. I got seriously sun burned on my scalp. I'm really afraid of how that's going to turn out. We forgot our hats and sunscreen and really shouldn't have done that because it was the most beautiful day of the year so far. The kids fell asleep on the way home and now are conked out on the couch watching Rugrats go to Paris. It was a beautiful day and now I've got some home searching to do. You should google it.

1 comment:

  1. Just send the rhubarb, please. I'm too lazy to move even if it meant a front porch, home grown tomatoes and rhubarb as well as you guys for neighbors! XOXO

    ReplyDelete