Thursday, June 25, 2009

So Much To Say

Today is the last day of school for the kids. Leo survived grade 1 and in fact is having a little difficult with the idea that school is over for the summer. He already misses his teacher. Next year he will either be in a 1/2 split or a 2/3. We'll have to see what they decide. He got his report card and it has improved in most everything. He got all A's and B's. I was a bit perplexed that his music grade went down from a B to a B-. Not sure how a kid in the most prominent choir in the GTA could not get an A in choir. Mazie doesn't get grades; they just write a bunch of gobbly gook and give suggestions for things to work on over the summer. There is a possiblity that she may get Leo's teacher next year and be in a SK/1 split. That would be interesting.

In any case, summer is upon us. I came home to daddy and the kids doing crafts at the table. He is inspired to start an adventure club with them and make the summer fun. We spent $75 on ink today so that they could print the pictures from their adventures over the summer. I suppose that is still cheaper than camp, eh? We also picked up some playdoh and markers for something to do. I caved and let them each pick out a Playmobil toy. It seems that this always revives their old playmobil set and they can have hours of fun with it.

So after going out to get some dinner, a few t-shirts for Leo who has finally outgrown his size 4 shirts, some sandals for Leo, and toys mentioned above, I was saddened to hear about Micheal Jackson's death. I am completely surprised by how emotional I felt. I suppose it's more becuase it was a big piece of my childhood. I remember watching Thriller on MTV about a million times and rockin out to all the tunes. They are playing them non stop on the radio which is so cool! I feel like I should just drive around all night and listen in the car with the windows down. It sure would be cooler that way.

We aren't using the A/C although we desperately need it. It doesn't seem to cool down the upstairs at all and it freezes us out here in basement so much that we keep asking them to turn it down. They are in hell up there. Paige came down to our bathroom this mornign to do her makeup since she couldn't stop sweating up there. We just decided to save some money and aggravation and turn it off.

I have worked up quite the sweat though becuase upon our arrival at home I looked down to see a split open mouse with guts pouring out and a detached tail. Luckily Drew took care of the body and I was only left with the tail which I could handle. I did however have to mop the kitchen floor. It needed it anyway but not exactly what I wanted to be doing at 9:30 at night.

We're looking forward to the weekend. We've got Ribfest which is always awesome. the south brings forth all its glory up here to the North that knows nothing about southern cookin and it's fabulous. Drew is going to be on a radio show on Saturday morning. He asked me to come along since its a spot about our conversion to Orthodoxy. Nothing panics me more than the thought of sitting next to my incredibly well spoken husband and discussing religion - the topic of his dissertation. So, I passed. I had visions of Bobby Brady. We're hoping to get a swim in at the local pool and who knows what else. Unfortunately Canada Day falls on Wednesday, July 1. i don't have off on Thursday and fireworks don't start until well after 10:00. That will be interesting.

Good night for now. Rest in peace Farah Fawcett and Michael Jackson, the king of pop. I can remember playing Charlie's Angels every Sunday night at Borchard park as a kid while my mom played softball. We'd go climb a few plum trees and eat them and get juice all over our hands and arms and then go fight the bad guys. Ah, the good ol' days.

3 comments:

  1. So, fighting the bad guys with plum-stained hands sounds like perfect practice for cleaning up dead mice! Did you kitties leave that mouse for you? Well, I hope, who else?

    Wish you were closer and the kiddos could join their cousins for Tin Can Papermaking Camp with me on Monday. Of course, it's only going to be 107° so we'll be in the cement pond as well.

    If the Adventure Club Director wants to do Tin Can Papermaking let me know. It's very easy and will cost almost nothing. (Assuming you already have a blender, empty tin cans and paper to recycle) XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope this doesn't involve putting tin cans in my blender? That just can't happen. I'll speak to the director, however, my first inkling is that this would be considered arts and crafts not adventure and might be tossed aside. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA! Silly me! I thought Arts & Crafts WAS adventure!
    XOXOX

    ReplyDelete