Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Trouble in Paradise

Tonight's dinner will consist of the lunch I packed for Leo that he never ate. Why you wonder? Well, some girls were teasing him calling his sister a weirdo and he lost his temper and punched her in the nose! Woo-hoo. Uh, oops, I mean "shame on him." He told us that he made her nose bleed and she had to go home. However, we don't really knwo the real story yet. No note was sent home and we received no phone call so I am not sure how severe this actuallywas. He said he apologized to her and we'll have him write her a letter. For now though, he's eating his lunch since he says he was too upset to eat. He then confided that this is one of the girls who follows him around all the time calling him cutie. I told him that if he is bothered by this he needs to tell the teacher. I can see how this would get old and one could get frustrated. I suppose this is only the beginning of his troubles with girls.

In other news, Drew got got his visitor's record finally. It clearly states on it however that he is forbidden from both working and going to school. He was at his wits end and traveling a roller coaster of emotions today. He called them to state the obvious - he wants this record so he can work as a clergy while also going to school. They assured him it was fine. There is nothing in writing though. In the end though, he has a SIN (SSN) and can now finally get paid.

We've decided we might get the H1N1 vaccine after all. A healthy 13 year old boy collapsed and died on Sunday and they have confirmed it was from the H1N1. We've been against it all along but I guess the media hype is getting to us. It is sort of like wearing a seatbelt. I always do because I worry if I get in an accident they'll say I deserved it if I wasn't wearing my seat belt. Will people say this if I die from H1N1 and it was preventable? And what about my kids? I could never live with myself. Anyone have any other input? I haven't heard one single medical professional say anything bad about it. I've never gotten a flu shot in my life so this is big.

I've gotta run to finish the sloppy joes. There wasn't enough old salami sandwich for the entire family.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Wow! Exciting day there. I hope you keep blogging or something for the next 15 years or so cuz I'm SURE this is just the beginning and I don't want to miss a thing. H1N1 vaccine -- we haven't heard any doctor or other informed person say anything negative about this vaccine either. The base they put the H1N1 virus in to make it a vaccine is the same stuff that has been used for the seasonal flu vaccine for years. They did that because they have a lot of statistics and information about how it works. This wasn't the time to use something brand new. This year when I got the seasonal flu shot I didn't feel so good about 8 hours later ... was flushed, had a headache. I was just fine the next morning and it is my understanding that what I experienced is quite normal. Life is a risk! Do your best!
    Hugs, xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK. Since there are no new postings on this blog I have to keep rereading old ones! (Not really) I forgot to ask you about this statement you made in an earlier post:
    "while Drew was at the clinic with Jason, she ...."

    Who was at the clinic for what? Did you do that just to see if we were paying attenting?

    XOXOX

    ReplyDelete